YouTube is a great app for watching and sharing videos. But what if you want to download YouTube videos to your phone?
Having videos downloaded onto your phone means that you can watch them whenever you want, wherever you want even if you don’t have access to the internet. There are three main methods of downloading YouTube videos onto your device.
How to download YouTube videos to your Phone #Method 1
1. Sign up to YouTube Premium You can sign up to YouTube Premium to download videos, enjoy ad-free videos, and access YouTube Music Premium (which is essentially YouTube’s version of Spotify). YouTube Premium offers a one month free trial, afterwhich you will have to pay a monthly fee of N6900.
Recommended:- How to Get YouTube Premium For Free On Android
Downloading videos using this method is as simple as clicking the ‘download’ button.
How to download YouTube videos to your Phone #Method 2
Use a third-party app
There are free ways to download YouTube videos. However, YouTube has been cracking down on third-party apps so many of them may not work.
- Simply download an app like YouTube Downloader
- Search for the video you want to download
- Select the format you want (mp4 for a video or mp3 for an audio file)
- Hit download.
Depending on the app you use, the video will be available to watch in the app, in your downloads folder, or on your camera roll.
How to download YouTube videos to your Phone #Method 3
Download the video onto your PC and transfer the file.
You can easily download YouTube videos to your PC or laptop via a number of YouTube downloader websites like vdyoutube.com.
- Just copy and paste the video URL into the site
- Choose the video quality
- Press ‘convert’, press ‘download’, and the video will be downloaded straight onto your computer as an MP4 file.
- You can then plug your phone into your computer and transfer the file, like you would with any video or picture. The video can be found on your camera roll.