- Starting a blog with Google Blogspot is very easy, and you don’t need any professional skill to operate your blog.
- Google owns the platform, so you have that trust and credibility.
- Blogger is free for all, and they never ask for a penny.
- Though there are many of free blogging platforms available on the web (like WordPress, Weebly, Wix, Tumblr, and others), Blogger.com is the winner of all of them when it comes to giving you freedom and the features offered.
- You can set up your custom domain there instated of free .blogspot.com subdomain.
- You can Configure a free SSL Certificate for your blog (by simply turning on HTTPS). Now blogger offers HTTPS version of both type of sites, so no matter if you’re using their .blogspot sub-domain or your custom domain.
- They provide free simple and responsive templates and also allow you to upload your own theme. In the web lots of free and premium blogger template available, so you can install them and customize as you want.
- Some cool features like template editor, template designer, and layout editor, are very advantageous. With the help of the template editor, you edit the code of your theme and can customize it as you like. Template Designer used to design the essential elements of your blog and to add custom CSS to your blog. Layout editor helps to place various widgets at different locations on your blog by just dragging and dropping.
- Blog post publishing and management system are very easy to use.
- The communication system is good also. You can use its default comment system or can set up Facebook, Disqus, Google Plus Comments easily.
- Blogger post editor provides all essential tools to write an excellent blog post. It allows you to edit or modify your article, search description, labels, location, custom permalink, custom robots tags, image alt tag, blog post scheduling, errors, and redirections, etc.
- You can monetize your site with Google AdSense and other programs like affiliate marketing easily unlike other platforms.
- Like other CMS (Content management system), Google blogger also lets you take backup your data. So, if something wrong happens with your site, then you can restore it with your backup.
- Also later, if you wish to move on other platforms (like WordPress, Wix, Weebly) then by using their plugins, you can easily switch to them without losing anything.
- So, I hope now you can understand, why starting a blog on Blogger.com is beneficial for you.
- Sign up For a Google Account
- Sign in to your Blogger Account
Go to blogger.com homepage and then SIGN IN to your account using your Google account credentials.
- Choose a Blogger Profile
Once you signed into your Blogger account, for the first time, it will ask you to set up a profile for your Blogger blogs. You can choose your Google Plus profile or limited blogger (BlogSpot) profile. So pick any of them and then proceed to the next step( I’ll recommend you to choose google plus profile).
- Create your blog
Now you will be able to see the blogger dashboard, and like my given image, you can choose “New blog” or “CREATE NEW BLOG” option to start your blog creation.
Choose your blog title, address and theme
After clicking ‘new blog’ or ‘create new blog’ option, a new window will be open like the following screenshot below and there you need to fill details. Now enter your blog name, address, and then pick a theme. After that, you need to click ” Create blog” button to finish your initial blog setup. Don’t worry about your selection; you can change/modify them later also.
- Launch your blog
Once you finished the initial blog setup process, you can able to see your blog dashboard like my given screenshot below. Your blogger blog is live now and ready to start blogging. You can check it by clicking the “View Blog” link, or you can visit directly by typing your blog address (URL) at any web browser.